Rothera Research Station, Adelaide Island, Antarctica.
I will be spending the next two and a half years working as Laboratory Manager at Rothera Research Station on Adelaide Island, in British Antarctica.
The purpose of this blog is to provide an insight into life working in Antarctica. It is by no means a representative picture for all bases on the continent, and many countries will do things differently depending on their location, and size.
Much of the information will be about my experiences and other ‘goings on’ during the next two and a half years, covering all aspects of base life. However, when time allows, I will try to add general information regarding other roles on base and their responsibilities, the wildlife - both above and below the water, and the science carried out here each summer.
If there are any questions or comments, I will be happy to try and answer them.
No comments:
Post a Comment